Why Choose CHPG High Country Healthcare instead of a visit to the Emergency Room?
CHPG High Country Healthcare is open 7 days a week to care for our patients. Our Silverthorne and Frisco clinics are open Mon-Sat. Breckenridge is open 6 days a week from Oct. 1, 2015 to Nov. 7, 2015. On Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015 we return to Sunday hours. Please call for hours.
- It’s always best to get as much care as possible from a doctor who knows and understands you. At an emergency room you will usually have care provided by a physician who has never seen you before.
- You will most likely spend a lot more time at the ER than you would at CHPG High Country Healthcare.
- CHPG High Country Healthcare physician schedules allow time for emergent care patients.
- An ER visit can be up to 3-4 times more expensive than visiting CHPG High Country Healthcare.
- It is a priority at CHPG High Country Healthcare to keep health care costs down for our local residents and visiting patients.
If you are choosing the ER because you can get in without an appointment, keep in mind the high price you will pay for that convenience. If you are not experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath or uncontrolled bleeding, please call your provider at CHPG High Country Healthcare to discuss your symptoms, we can assist you in determining the care you need.
If a problem happens at night or on a weekend, you may call the CHPG High Country Healthcare clinic nearest you and leave a message. The doctor on call will phone you back within 30 minutes and give you instructions on how to handle the situation.
How do I know when it’s an emergency that will require an emergency room visit?
These are life-threatening, critical conditions, that require advanced medical attention:
Severe abdominal pain
Sudden dizziness, weakness or loss of coordination or balance
Sudden blurred vision or loss of vision
If you are facing a life threatening situation, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. In Summit County: Breckenridge, Frisco, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Silverthorne are all serviced by the Emergency Room at Summit Medical Center at 340 Peak One Drive in Frisco, CO 80443.