What is Pediatrics? What is a Pediatrician? A pediatrician is a medical doctor who manages the physical, behavioral, and mental health of children from birth through age 21. They are specialists for children, trained to diagnose and treat a broad range of childhood illnesses from minor health problems to serious diseases. Pediatricians recognize that patients and families are core members of the care team. CHPG High Country Healthcare pediatric providers work with families to provide proactive, comprehensive care, better access to care and more coordinated care.
Here are a few ways our Pediatricians do this:
- We offer weekend appointments so you do not have to visit the emergency room when your child is sick.
- We have an online Patient Portal where families can update your personal information, view health records including immunization records, check appointment dates and view lab results.
- We ask for your email so we can send you important information related to your child’s health through the Patient Portal.
- All of our offices use the same Electronic Medical Record. We have all of your child’s important health information in “the record” which gives us the ability to track and proactively manage your child’s health issues. The record also helps us coordinate care with other providers.
- We are committed to lowering healthcare costs in Colorado any way we can. One area where we can make a difference is in the high costs of medications. CHPG High Country Healthcare providers prescribe generic medications instead of brand name medications 99.51% of the time.
- Our website is full of health information and tools or you may contact us and ask for tools to help you with managing your child’s health.
Your pediatrician will see your child many times from birth to age two and annually from age two to age five for well-child visits. After age 5, your child will visit your pediatrician annually for well-child checkups. Your pediatrician is the first person to call whenever your child is sick. Pediatric services include:
- Physical exams, wellness checks and immunizations.
- Diagnosis and treatment of your child’s illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health challenges.
- Answering your questions about your child’s development to determine that your child is meeting expected milestones in growth, behavior and motor skills.
- Counseling and education about your child’s health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs.
- Hospitalization for your child if needed and referrals to and collaboration with specialists should your child need additional care.
What can you do to help? Join the team!
- Talk with your child’s provider about any concerns regarding your child’s health.
- Tell your child’s provider about any other healthcare providers caring for your child.
- Take care of your child’s health by following the plan you and your child’s provider have designed.
- Talk openly with your child’s provider team. If you are having trouble sticking to your child’s care plan or don’t feel it is working, contact your child’s provider for an appointment to develop a new plan together.
CHPG High Country Healthcare is pleased to offer care dedicated to your child’s wellness. At CHPG High Country Healthcare your family’s good health is our goal.
Pediatric Care Location:
CHPG High Country Healthcare – Frisco
360 Peak One Drive, Frisco, CO 80443
Learn more about Pediatric Medicine: