High County Healthcare
Internal Medicine Specialist
What is Internal Medicine? Internal Medicine is the treatment and prevention of adult diseases. What is an Internist? Internists are adult medicine specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across their lifespan from those in good health to those with any range of disease from temporary illness (flu, rashes, aches and pains) to complex chronic conditions (asthma, diabetes, arthritis and more). Internists support patients and their families in learning to manage and organize their own care. Recognizing that patients and families are core members of the care team, internists work with patients and their families to provide proactive, comprehensive care, better access to care and more coordinated care.
Here are a few ways CHPG High Country Healthcare Providers do this:
- We offer weekend appointments so you do not have to visit the emergency room when you are sick.
- We have an online Patient Portal where patients and their families can update personal information, view health records, check appointment dates and view lab results.
- We ask for your email so we can send you important information related to your health through the Patient Portal.
- All of our offices use the same Electronic Medical Record. We have all of your important health information in “the record” which gives us the ability to track and proactively manage your health issues. The record also helps us coordinate care with other providers.
- We are committed to lowering healthcare costs in Colorado any way we can. One area where we can make a difference is in the high costs of medications. CHPG High Country Healthcare providers prescribe generic medications instead of brand name medications 99.51% of the time.
- Our website is full of health information and tools or you may contact us and ask for tools to help you with managing your health.
Internal Medicine providers are especially well-trained in the diagnosis of puzzling medical problems, in the ongoing care of complicated illnesses, and in caring for patients with more than one disease. Internists treat disease and also coordinate wellness care to play a critical role in preventing disease and promoting health and well-being. Internists often care for patients over the duration of their adult lives, which provides the practitioner with the opportunity to establish long and rewarding personal relationships with their patients. Internal Medicine services may include:
- Physical exams and immunizations.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health challenges.
- Counseling and education regarding your health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs.
- Hospitalization if needed and referrals to and collaboration with specialists should you need additional care.
What can you do to help? Join the team!
- Talk with your provider about any concerns regarding your health.
- Tell your provider about any other healthcare providers caring for you.
- Take care of your health by following the plan you and your provider have designed.
- Talk openly with your provider team. If you are having trouble sticking to your care plan or don’t feel it is working, contact your provider for an appointment to develop a new plan together.
At CHPG High Country Healthcare, we are dedicated to your good health.
Internal Medicine Office Location:
CHPG High Country Healthcare Frisco
360 Peak One Drive, Suite 260 Frisco, CO 80443